An Interactive Webshop
A webshop is just like an interactive onsite class, but held online through Zoom.
During a webshop, you can ask questions and engage in discussion. You may be divided into “break-out” rooms where you’ll be working with other participants on exercises or on practicing a skill. There may be quizzes and polls. So, while there may be some PowerPoint and lecture, this is not like your typical webinar. Your full attention and participation is expected; that’s what makes it fun!
Details will be available soon.
Saturday, October 10, 2020, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PST
Check-in at 8:50 a.m. PLEASE CHECK IN AT 8:50 a.m. to sign in.
Class from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
The day before the webshop, you will receive an email with log-on instructions and with the handouts for the class.
$50 NOTIS members, $80 Non-members (Click to Join NOTIS)
Space is limited to the first 30 registrants.
Registration will be available about 4 to 6 weeks before the webshop date. Via the web (before midnight on October 5th) . After registering, you will receive an email confirmation; if you do not receive a confirmation, your registration did not go through.
Credit status will be updated upon approval
Certificates of Attendance will be awarded to all who arrive on time and stay for the entire workshop. Please allow yourself enough time to log on and sign in before the webshop begins. While latecomers are welcome to stay for the educational value of the webshop, DSHS will not provide CE credit if you arrive late, for any reason.
|Washington State DSHS
|Washington State AOC
IMPORTANT: Before you register, make sure that your online setup meets the equipment and connectivity requirements. Please carefully read the “Requirements” section below. ↓
Participants must meet the following requirements in order to receive continuing education credits.
- Participants must join in by desktop, laptop or tablet computer. The latter must have a stable stand.
- Participants must have generally stable internet access. Participants who lose connection in the middle of the class for more than 15 minutes will not receive a certificate.
- A web camera and microphone are required to participate. The camera MUST be turned on; the microphone must be available to be turned on as the speaker requires. Participants who do not have this capacity should not register. Participants who do register and then cannot or do not comply will not receive a certificate. Participants who turn off their camera for more than 15 minutes will not receive a certificate.
- All handouts will be sent out as email attachments to the reminder email sent the day before the webshop. Participants are responsible for either printing them out ahead of time OR having them readily available on an electronic device.
- Participants who sign on more than 20 minutes late will not receive a certificate.
Recommendation: If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, consider taking a short tutorial before the class. Click HERE for one example.
Joe Tein is a medical interpreter and a Washington State certified court interpreter. He holds a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology and is also a freelance medical translator, working from Spanish and Italian into English. Mr. Tein is the creator of the Washington State AOC Court Interpreters’ English-Spanish glossary of legal terms and is the second author of the most comprehensive Italian medical acronym website (www.gilbertolacchia.it/acromed.pdf). He has taught numerous classes and workshops for medical and court interpreters over the years, both in person and through online webinars. A participant in one of his classes wrote: “Joe has a way of teaching a lot of material in an interesting manner that keeps the students engaged.”
No refunds can be given after October 6th. A $10 processing fee will apply for refunds requested before October 6th. Contact the NOTIS office manager for cancellation. Transfer of credits to other workshop is not allowed.
Registration will be automatically canceled if payment is not received within 15 minutes. Online registration only.
If you require accommodation, please contact the NOTIS Office Manager at least 3 weeks in advance if possible.
Email to Joe Tein
Email to Naomi Uchida