Who is teaching? Cindy Roat is a national consultant and trainer with 29 years’ experience in the healthcare interpreting field. With an MPH in International Health Services, Cindy has made significant contributions to the healthcare interpreting field in the areas of training, program development, policy formulation, advocacy and organizational outreach. Her written works are key resources for interpreters, providers and administrators alike. Cindy was the principal author of the original Bridging the Gap, and her most recent book, Healthcare Interpreting in Small Bites, is being used as an ancillary text at many basic training programs.
When? Saturday, June 20, 2020
Check-in at 9:20 am. PLEASE SIGN IN AT 9:20 am
Class from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The day before the webshop, you will receive an email with log-on instructions and with the handouts for the class.
Cost? $50 NOTIS members, $80 Non-members (Join NOTIS at http://www.notisnet.org/join-us/ )
Registration? Click HERE to pay online. Registration will close at midnight on June 17th. Space is limited to the first 30 registrants.
IMPORTANT: Before you register, make sure that your online setup meets the equipment and connectivity requirements. Please carefully read the “Requirements” section below.
After registering, you will receive an email confirmation; if you do not receive a confirmation, your registration did not go through. Please submit a separate registration form for each person registering.Online registration only. Mail in registration is not available.
Refunds? We regret that no refunds can be given after June 17th. A $10 processing fee will apply for refunds requested before June 17th.
CE credits? Three Ethics CE credits for this workshop have been approved from the Washington State DSHS. (Please note that certified interpreters need at least 1 ethics credit per year to maintain their certification.) Three credits have been approved from the ATA. 2.75 credits have been approved by CCHI.
Certificates of Attendance will be awarded to all who arrive on time, stay engaged for the entire workshop, and adhere to the rules listed below:
Requirements? Participants must meet the following requirements in order to receive continuing education credits.
- Participants must join in by desktop, laptop or tablet computer. The latter must have a stable stand.
- Participants must have generally stable internet access. Participants who lose connection in the middle of the class for more than 15 minutes will not receive a certificate.
- A web camera and microphone are required to participate. The camera MUST be turned on; the microphone must be available to be turned on as the speaker requires. Participants who do not have this capacity should not register. Participants who do register and then cannot or do not comply will not receive a certificate. Participants who turn off their camera for more than 15 minutes will not receive a certificate.
- All handouts will be sent out as email attachments to the reminder email sent the day before the webshop. Participants are responsible for either printing them out ahead of time OR having them readily available on an electronic device.
- Participants who sign on more than 20 minutes late will not receive a certificate.
- Recommendation: If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, consider taking a short tutorial before the class. Click HERE for one example.
Anything else? If you require accommodation, please contact the NOTIS Office Manager (email@example.com) at least 3 weeks in advance if possible.
Questions about class content? Please contact Cindy Roat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about registration? Please contact Naomi Uchida at email@example.com.